Help Raise Awareness!
May is Lupus Awareness Month! It is a name to be taken literally. We put extra effort into letting the world know about lupus. We educate communities and join together to raise funds and awareness of lupus. We let the world know what lupus is, how it affects patients, and what can be done to find the cause(s) and a cure.
We can make lupus visible during Lupus Awareness Month by educating friends, family, and others about lupus and it’s affects. There are many ways you can get involved during the month of May. Here are some ideas:
- Take the Purple Pledge
- Join us for our Know Lupus Educational Summit on Saturday, May 14. Register here
- Watch our last Let’s Talk About It Program and share it with your family and friends.
- Join us on Facebook on May 10 and recognize World Lupus Day & Pop Day. Wear Purple and send us your selfie. #mayislupusawarenessmonth
- Follow us on social media! (@lupusgreateroh and Lupus foundation of America, Greater Ohio Chapter)
- Donate! We are always fundraising to fuel our mission, create awareness, and fund lupus research. Donate here
- For additional information on ways to get involved, click here!
Living with an invisible illness like lupus can be isolating, and sometimes lead to judgment from others who don’t understand the daily struggle of living with a chronic illness. Most symptoms of lupus aren’t always visible, but on the inside, it can wreak havoc on your body, organs, and even cause emotional and mental strain. Just because people can’t see the pain, doesn’t mean it’s not there and potentially life-threatening.
Help bring visibility to lupus by taking the purple pledge! Thank you for doing your part and acting this May to raise lupus awareness.
Partial funding provided by the Ohio Commission on Minority Health and an earmark from the State of Ohio and managed by the Ohio Department of Health.