For the first time since 2019, lupus advocates will come together in Washington, DC for the nation’s largest lupus advocacy event! From April 23–25, Summit attendees will learn from experts in the field about the latest in lupus research, connect with hundreds of their fellow lupus advocates, and turn Capitol Hill purple by advocating for their members of Congress to join our fight against this terrible disease.
You don’t want to miss out on the chance to make your voice heard as we put advocacy in action on Capitol Hill this April! Here are some reasons you should attend this year’s in-person event:
- This is your opportunity to actively fight back against lupus. Participating in the Summit is a huge step toward ensuring Congress continues to increase funding for lupus research, new treatments and a cure.
- Not only will you join others from your state to meet with your elected officials on Capitol Hill to share your lupus story, but you can also make it clear to them that more must be done now to end this cruel disease.
- Help us put a face to the disease! Your legislators need to know that lupus impacts your family, friends and neighbors. Statistics on lupus are not just numbers on a page.
- You will learn about exciting new drug treatments in development designed specifically to help people living with lupus.
- You gain exclusive access to leaders in the lupus research community, within the federal government, the pharmaceutical industry and the private sector – and better understand what they are doing to improve the lives of people with lupus.
- Lupus advocates haven’t met face-to-face with members of Congress since 2019, and more than 100 new elected officials have taken office since then – ensure that new representatives understand the urgency of fighting for a cure.
- This is the time to connect and develop new relationships with people who also have lupus and a passion for the cause.
- Receive information about the many free resources and services provided by the Lupus Foundation of America that can help you live better with lupus.
- You can connect with our partners in the Exhibit Hall and learn about their efforts to fight this disease and how you can be involved.
- BONUS: Even if you’re visiting the Nation’s Capital for only a short trip, the Summit’s hotel is just minutes from historic sites, museums, the White House, National Mall, award-winning dining, art, cultural attractions and much more.
This is the time to make lupus a priority on the national health care agenda, so make your voice heard and join us on Capitol Hill by registering now for the National Lupus Advocacy Summit. Don’t delay – registration for the Summit closes on Thursday, March 30 and the event may sell out before then!
This post was originally published on this site